Saturday, January 31, 2009

Fun times come from the weirdest places...

I had so much fun the last clinical shift. I was able to hang piggyback IV, inserted a Foley. And helped c 4 pts. I can't tell you how exciting it is! I did do more, but those two things were the most exciting. It was my first time for both. Practice and reality are so completely different, duh, but you don't realize how much. So it was amazing. Didn't do all my charting, but I was able to get all my info for the cp (care plan). At the end of shift I had the worst pain in my feet and in my back. Still working c the idea of raising the bed. I think I deserve a nice massage and spa day. I had one pt tell me that I was really good at my job. When I told her thank you and that I love it, she said to me, 'I can tell, it shows.' So it is reassuring that I do care for my pts and they know that by the care I give them.
I was able to get my NANDAs before I went to bed which helped a great deal when it came down to doing my cp the next day. Thank God for by best friend who is also a nursing student and at the end of her program, she pretty much told me all the NANDAs. My dear hubby went shooting in the AM and left me c kids and my paper to do... yea I finished c literally 2 minutes to spare b4 it was due. That will NEVER happen again. I can't believe he really did that. Oh well. It was done, probably not the best paper, andit could have been better, but I finished. That is what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment