Monday, March 30, 2009

Moving on to more 'exciting' things.

I passed the second semester of Med/surg (just barely). I was told that my CP's sounded as if I were distracted and I failed the final but had enough cushion to pass the class c 2 points to spare. I really think that I get so dang bored c med/surg that I just check out. I know that I shouldn't but taking care of the same type of pt day in and day out gets a little mundane, even if it's only 1 day a wk. I also had my mom and sister in town as a surprise. It was great to see them but I must admit that it was a huge distraction. I really didn't get a chance to study worth a darn b/c I was much more interested in seeing my mom and sis. Oh well, I live and learn. Next time, no family. I don't care if I haven't seen them in years, I just can't have all that going on. Anywho...
I have my new clinical rotation starting this week the big OB. I am excited and at the same time a bit afraid. I know it shouldn't be that big of a deal since I have gone through it 3 times myself, but it's different when I was at the head and not at the business end of it all. I hope that I am able to handle it. Remembering what it was like and ignoring those memories is what is going to be the hard part. I just hope that it gives me a curve since I know what it's like. Most women in my class have never had a child. So it is very interesting to see the knowledge deficit.
So here I come, pretending that I know what I am doing. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment